First month of 2017 done, so how did it go?
| 79.4 miles cycled | 33.5 miles ran | 1 Personal Best | 100m in the pool accomplished |
I’ll be honest, I didn’t hit all of my targets. Those targets were:
- 8.30 minute mile pace when running.
- Ride 100 miles on my bike.
- Swim 100m (in one go)
The swim 100m was a definite success! I’ve gone from just being able to do the odd 50m in a session (with mainly backstroke in-between) to a 5x100m drill set…in one month! I genuinely shocked myself! the 100m isn’t easy, but I’ll slowly work my way up to 200m for February.
I actually got a PB this month, which I didn’t actually realise until a week later…
I was looking through my stats to see how I was doing compared to last Summer’s attempts at running. And there it was. A new PB. During a track session with my local Triathlon club I had managed to set a new PB for 5k at 24:54 minutes. I have no idea how good this is in general, but for me I’m happy to be improving. My pace was also 8:15 minutes per mile, but I do need to work on this being a consistent pace when I’m running.
I didn’t manage ti ride the 100 miles I’d had planned either, which I am gutted about! I just felt a bit uneasy on the rides I missed to go out when it was threatening to snow…especially if I was going out on my own. Or maybe I just found it too hard to resist the temptation of staying warm and dry…
So what do I plan to do going into February?
- Continue to work on the 8.30 minute per miles pace to make it consistent
- Ride 100 miles on my bike (and actually achieve it this month!)
- Swim 200m (in one go)
How did your January go? Let me know!
Want to catch up on this months blog posts?
- Buddy Run
- A Training Plan I Can Stick To…
- #WorkoutWednesday 4th Jan
- Mixing It Up In 2017
- #WorkoutWednesday 11th Jan
- #WorkoutWednesday 18th Jan
- Sometimes…you’ve just got to run
- #WorkoutWednesday 25th Jan
- Destination Bucket List
- The descent can’t be that bad right?
(Gosh…I didn’t realise I’d been writing so much this month!)